Physician Burnout by the Numbers
of U.S. physicians expressed the prevalence of burnout in their roles in 2021. (Mayo Clinic Proceedings)
of residents said they had fallen asleep while driving because of work-related fatigue. (UCLA)
is the amount of money burnout-related physician turnover is costing hospitals and health systems across the U.S. (National Taskforce for Humanity in Healthcare)
If not addressed, burnout often leads to depression, addiction, and suicidal ideation. (NCBI)
Burned-out physicians are twice as likely to be involved in patient safety incidents. (JAMA Internal Medicine)
The projected deficit number of physicians in the U.S. by 2025 due to burnout and decreased productivity.
(Mayo Clinic Proceedings)
Reduce Burnout With Smarter Scheduling
Give providers greater control over their schedule and allow more flexibility.
- Accommodate personal provider preferences
- Simplify the shift-swapping request workflow
- Analyze and account for provider workload
Better provider wellness fosters better patient care.
- Be proactive with in-app wellness surveys
- Utilize reports to evaluate over-utilization of provider time
- Set personalized rules to minimize fatigue and prevent burnout
Reduce Administrative Burden
Our advanced AI-enabled software considers thousands of variables to auto-generate the best possible schedule.
- Reduce scheduling-related errors
- Increase the time-off approval rate
- Ensure equitable distribution of night and weekend shifts
“I have nothing but good things to say about Lightning Bolt. It saves me countless hours by creating the schedule and allowing providers to manage their requests. The system is absolutely fantastic.”
Brian M Lahmann, MD
Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Tower Health